Guidelines for the International Burn Fellowship Program
Prof. Dr. Mehmet Haberals Defense Counsel Responds to the Opinion of the Prosecution
A Celebration Of The Doha Accord And An Assessment Of The Istanbul At Its 5th Anniversary
CHP Zonguldak Congress Speech [June 3, 2012]
Obligatory Public Statement [May 27, 2012]
Turkish transplantation Society Announcement To The Public [February 16, 2010]
Announcement To The Public [August 6, 2009 - August 10, 2009]
Announcement To The Public [August 9, 2009 ]
Announcement To The Public [May 12, 2009 ]
Announcement To The Public [April 17, 2009 ]
Announcement To The Public [April 13, 2009 ]
Announcement to the Media and the Public [April 24, 2000 ]
Prof. Mehmet Haberal Firsts
- The only rector with over 100 scientific publications is Prof. Mehmet Haberal, President of Baskent University
- On November 3, 1975, in the Department of General Surgery at Hacettepe University, he performed the first living-related renal transplantation in Turkey with a kidney donated from a mother to her 12-year old son.
- On October 10, 1978, he performed the first cadaveric kidney transplantation in Turkey with an organ supplied by the Eurotransplant International Foundation.
- He initiated the legislation On the Harvesting, Storage, Grafting and Transplantation of Organs and Tissues which was passed in the Turkish parliament for the first time on June 3, 1979.
- He performed the first ever successful Cadaver Liver Transplantation in Turkey, the Middle East and Northern Africa on December 8, 1988.
- He performed the first pediatric segmental living-related liver transplantation in Turkey, the region, and Europe on March 15, 1990.
- On April 24, 1990, he performed the first adult segmental living related living-related liver transplantation in the world.
- On May 16, 1992, he performed the first combined liver-kidney transplantation from a living-related donor, the first operation of its kind anywhere in the world.