American College of Surgeons Turkey Chapter Meeting
25th Anniversary Liver Transplantation Congress
Guidelines for the International Burn Fellowship Program
Prof. Dr. Mehmet Haberals Defense Counsel Responds to the Opinion of the Prosecution
A Celebration Of The Doha Accord And An Assessment Of The Istanbul At Its 5th Anniversary
Prof. Mehmet Haberal Firsts
- The only rector with over 100 scientific publications is Prof. Mehmet Haberal, President of Baskent University
- On November 3, 1975, in the Department of General Surgery at Hacettepe University, he performed the first living-related renal transplantation in Turkey with a kidney donated from a mother to her 12-year old son.
- On October 10, 1978, he performed the first cadaveric kidney transplantation in Turkey with an organ supplied by the Eurotransplant International Foundation.
- He initiated the legislation On the Harvesting, Storage, Grafting and Transplantation of Organs and Tissues which was passed in the Turkish parliament for the first time on June 3, 1979.
- He performed the first ever successful Cadaver Liver Transplantation in Turkey, the Middle East and Northern Africa on December 8, 1988.
- He performed the first pediatric segmental living-related liver transplantation in Turkey, the region, and Europe on March 15, 1990.
- On April 24, 1990, he performed the first adult segmental living related living-related liver transplantation in the world.
- On May 16, 1992, he performed the first combined liver-kidney transplantation from a living-related donor, the first operation of its kind anywhere in the world.